Tuesday, September 8, 2020

A Good Day in the Neighborhood!

I love it!  Hand knit from the Caron Top Down Knit Pullover from the Yarnspirations site. 
 Worsted yarn is Colormist from KnitPicks.
  I wanted this to have a bit of red in the yoke, too,  but they were out of that yarn! 
 I settled for yellow and the grey yarn leftover from the sweater I made from this pattern last month.
  It matches the skirt  I had in mind for this sweater exactly, I'm glad to say!  
I spent the day yesterday making the covers for these cotton pads 
that came with Bill's antibiotics last year, they insulated the box it came in. 
 I didn't want to waste all of that cotton so saved them!
But now I am very ready for the huge pile to be gone 
so I am finishing them up-almost did it but will finish it today! 
 Then they go to the shelter just a mile from us!
  See how thick (1 1/2") the pads are?! 
 Nice and dense so it will be very comfortable for the animals.  
I also pulled out the 'quilt group' pillowcases we filled with scraps; 
 I will finish filling up the open one 
and then stitch it up so it can go with the other cushions to the shelter. 
 It was a good day in the Studio!
 
Name this watercolor!
I am going to be doing a series where I take one of your posted photos 
and turn it into a watercolor!
  Have fun guessing; 
 I will post the answer in tomorrow's post.

7 comments:

  1. Not only a good day in the studio, but a busy one too! Lovely projects. The sweater turned out so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweater is lovely! It's definitely sweater weather here today. Temps have really dipped.

    Great use for the cotton pads. I love being able to repurpose things.

    Love the idea of using blog inspiration for your watercolours! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic sweater finish! I bet it becomes one of your favorites. I recognize the painted scene - nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of our blog photos for your painting work. Oh how fun. I would name that one , Little Hands bay

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea where the painting is, but it sure is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that sweater. It looks so comfy and the colors are perfect together.
    Thank you for thinking of the shelter animals and taking such good care of them.
    I have no idea of the painting either but I love it.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FABRIC FORTUNES

I enjoyed a day at home yesterday!  It has been a long time since I had a relaxing day at home!  I cleaned (which I like to do!) and launder...