Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Ode to Sock


This yarn is a dream to work with and I highly recommend it! 
 If you remember, I have been looking for a good Christmas yarn for a while now
 (I even tried to dye some but they turned out to be a good pair of Fall socks instead!)
  I know it was the first day of Fall but I couldn't wait to try a pair of socks to knit just for the therapy. 
 I need some encouraging. 
  I've gone two days with single vision. 
 It's an interesting twist on seeing. 
 I stayed in bed all day yesterday and worked on knitting a pair of socks
 because my hands can do it almost without any sight at all! 
 A few peeks with my good eye and I was on track for a long time. 
 If my eye is better today, 
I am going to pick up some new glasses 
and will step into the world of normal sight. 
 Here's hoping.

9 comments:

  1. Now you sound like Abigail, who was so excited about the first day of fall, but can hardly wait for Christmas season to start! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Heritage prints sure are pretty. Hope your eye is much improved!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those colors.. and perfect for Christmas... I can't knit socks even with two good eyes... sigh... need some lessons from you ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are cute! One of these days I'll have to make myself a Christmas pair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The socks look great. Be careful when washing the Heritage Prints yarn: my socks felted and shrunk considerably in the wash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, the perfect Christmas socks. YOu do such a great job and with only one eye! I sure hope that your eye is much better today and you can see out of both! A larger view of the world!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to hear of your latest eye worries. That must be so scary.
    The new socks are lovely. I like how they changed up the traditional colors and made them more interesting than just plain red and green.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has just been a year for you on top of all the 2020 plaques we've had. Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh that you can knit like that single visioned - I am impressed... but lets get that vision back... hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...