Thursday, September 24, 2020

Unraveled Twice!

I thought the colors were off....after a confusing look, count and recount I figured out 
I had started the heel gusset at red stripe three instead of stripe four. 
 Wow, such high numbers really threw me.  Sigh.       

Nothing for it but reknit, counting better this time. 
 I did great until it came time to begin the heel turn
 and then I miscounted when to execute that.
  I should've been done with this shorty sock and showing off a finish.
  Instead, I am putting it aside until later today.  
At least, I picked up the new glasses and could use two eyes for most of yesterday 
but if this sock is anything to go by,  I did better the day before with only one. 
 Just goes to show....

7 comments:

  1. Oh dear! Better luck today!! Glad your eye is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my....how frustrating. I don't seem able to count very well these days either. I spend more time ripping things out than getting things done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some days you just have those kind of days

    ReplyDelete
  4. We’ve ALL been there! Better knitting days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Some days you're a knitter, some days a ripper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all have days like that don't we? Just think, now you get to knit with that beautiful yarn again!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear. Some days it’s better to put it in the “later” pile!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...