Sunday, September 6, 2020

A Spinner

I finished the first 4 ounces of the fiber blend of wool, flax and silk!  
I will begin the second bobbin full this afternoon
 and hope by next weekend to be plying them into yarn!

Yesterday, Bill and I picked another pail of elderberries--there are even more still green and even flowers so I will be able to pick for another month at least! 
  On the way back from the far back of the property where the elderberries are, 
I spotted this great golden orb weaver! 
 She was two inches across her leg span! 
 The bright neon web spread over a six foot area between two trees--
what an amazing work of spinning she accomplished!
Near the berries are these white ginger plants......
oh, try the scratch and sniff because it is an incredible aroma! 
 This bloom cluster is at least 10-12 inches in length!  
By the tortoise burrows, the candelabra cassia are in full flower! 
 Visually pleasing even if they don't appeal to the sense of smell!
We went to visit my brother and sister-in-law yesterday; 
 it has been almost a year since we spent a few hours together! 
 I did begin this  postcard in the morning and finished it last night! 
 Does anyone recognize this view? 
 Here is a clue.
 

8 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, the ginger flowers... sniff it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My computer must not be working, I can't smell anything! LOL. Love the latest postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haystack rock in Oregon?

    I wish you really DID have scratch and sniff. LOL

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is Kim's view!!!! I love how you have spread her beautiful photos and now you have transformed them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do orb spiders really spin a new web every day? If so, that spider is one hard worker. I'm not sure who told me that fact, if indeed it is a true fact. :-)
    What a beautiful painting. It does look like haystack rock in Oregon to me but based on Nancy and Kathy's comments, it must be Kim's rock.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa...that is some spider! We have lots of webs to walk through but our spiders are pretty uninteresting-unless they get in my hair and then it's a whole different story. Lol...
    The watercolor is beautiful. I went to look at the photo. Wow.. what a view.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...