Wednesday, September 9, 2020

A Winter Sweater

It's finished--but not a sweater I will be wearing soon! lol  
It fits well and will look good with jeans or a straight skirt.
The beige at the shoulders wasn't planned but adds tot he square neck.
The sweater seamed up easily; 
 I was concerned about matching the stripes 
but it wasn't difficult at all, much to my relief!
Even though the different skeins weren't exact in their coloring, 
they did cover a similar repeat 
that was able to give the appearance of matching stripes on the sides. 
 I am pleased with the look and can appreciate the benefit of a sweater-in-a-week!
Here's the next installment in the blog friends' watercolored photo!  
This one was posted pretty recently so maybe you will remember it! 
 Give a guess!

Yesterday's painting was of Spirit Lake in Colorado from the Wyoming Breezes blog!

 

7 comments:

  1. Wow! A sweater in a week is amazing. Very pretty. No clue where your painting is from, but it's pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you go! I am going to have to up my game! Now I feel like a slug. Cute sweaters, is kitty sad she lost her sleep sack? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great looking sweater. Just the kind I love to pull on for a walk in the winter.
    Your daily watercolor just shows you how practice makes perfect. This last one is really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That matching up of stripes is amazing! Great job and a beautiful sweater.
    I'm pretty sure I saw that photo this past week but my brain is still trying to wake up this morning and I can't think of who.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sweater is wonderful, and the tan shoulders do accent the neckline. Your daily blog inspired paintings are fun. I obviously need to be more observant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am surprised that the sweater lined up so easily. That's awesome. I didn't guess that was Nancy's photo ! Cool job on the bridge today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sweater. That's going to be nice and toasty come January or February.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...