Saturday, September 26, 2020

Ohio Star Kitties

The blocks are all pieced for the Ohio stars with the kitty print centers.
 Today, the plan is to sew the blocks  into a top and then to think about the borders.

The Pimpelliese shawl hit a snag--this is getting to be my theme song for shawls lately!  
My problem is using the handspun and not having enough yarn to finish the project. 
 This time, I have found another skein of grey Shetland wool 
and instead of dyeing it, I am going to use it like it is.
I ripped out the whole thing, moved up a needle size and am liking the results. 
One nice side effect is that now I can count the rows easier! lol

Yes, the watercolor yesterday was the froggy that Tyg tries to catch at Vera's fountain!

 

4 comments:

  1. Your kitty quilt is amazing!
    I love the idea of a stripey Pimpeliesse. I never thought about using two different yarns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a lovely golden yellow would be a perfect border for those kitties

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the kitty quilt. It looks happy and cozy. I'm like Debra. I've never thought of striping the Pimpeliesse. I should have done that when I ran out of yarn on the one I'm working on. (It's still out of stock). I'm so far along though, I can't bear the thought of ripping it out. If the yarn doesn't arrive soon though, I may have no other choice. Thanks for the idea.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...