Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Facing the Giant

I used the new yarn and finished the back of my newest sweater by making it on the knitting machine! 
 I haven't touched it in months and thought I needed to get over the losing streak! 
 Today broke the curse and the knitting went off without a hitch! 
 Even considering this is a hand knitting pattern without a schematic
 I was able to get gauge on the second try and the numbers all just worked smoothly! 
 The 2 x 2 ribbing took an hour to reform the stitches and the rest of the back took another hour-
and I didn't walk away crying!

This is what my front yard looks like so many evenings--the only problem is my inability to capture the oranges and pinks with the phone camera!  At least you can see the 'glow' all over the foliage out front!
And this is a fail--the Granny Smith Apple didn't turn out correctly--
I just wanted to show you that fails happen
 and with this medium it is only a piece of paper so I toss it! 
 I will try again tomorrow!  
                    I have some new paints and I love the way they are so much more saturated a color!                                      This is (was) another 5" x 7" postcard.

 

6 comments:

  1. Your apple isn't a fail .......I've seen plenty of apples that looked just like that. Nature isn't "perfect" and neither are we. :-)

    I've been trying to capture the ridges that are past "our" mountain (South Mountain). They are spectacular to the eye. On the camera? Not so much. I guess that shows us that we must appreciate what we see in real time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your apple! No fail in my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! You really did fly through that sweater piece. I really like how that yarn is working up.
    I am an expert on watercolor fails. I've got a trashcan full of them. I think I better stick to just swatching. I like to paint. I just don't like making "things" out of it. Lol.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That knitting machine sure makes things go quickly. I'm glad you broke your curse. :-)
    I don't think your apple is a fail, but then, we are the most critical of our own work aren't we? At least it was just paper!
    I get frustrated with my photos too. They never quite capture the beauty around me that I would like to share.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a self-taught painter, I assume most of my attempts will be fails, but that's OK. It's the only way to improve.
    I could never do the knitting machine -- too much math!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sunsets are so tough to capture on a cell phone. We have an amazing moon tonight, but you can't tell from my phone camera!
    I have lots of fails with my art - it's all part of the process. Even Da Vinci painted crap now and again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...