Saturday, September 12, 2020

E Pluribus Unum

I happened to think that everything I worked on today, were parts that I united into a whole.
It used to be the motto of our nation;  now we want parts to stay parts.  Sad.
I've been working along on the LeMoyne Star -there is only one more row to go!
And they are cut out and waiting for me!  
I also got the urge to make some paper--I have had this kit for 30+ years at least!
  I made my slurry in the blender
 (I used copy paper because I wanted white paper)
 and poured it into my mold.
24 hours later, I had a sheet of paper that I hope to try some watercolor on! 
 I used to use tissue paper for getting some pretty paper 
but the tissue paper I have now has a slick side which prevented it from dissolving in the slurry; 
 live and learn!  
I hope to have some fun experimenting with this again.
Oh, and look at the progress on the afghan! 
 It lays out so nicely and grew perfectly as it is crocheted together!
  It looks like I will have enough yarn to put on two more rows and then I will be out. 
 That's right, only two more rows and yet there are three to finish it 
AND I have to crochet around it several times, too! 
 I hope to hear the yarn is in stock soon.
The painting of the day is this cone flower and monarch!

(This is late because I fell asleep without posting this last night! lol)
 

9 comments:

  1. Those stars are gorgeous. It saddens me so much to see what's going on south of the border. It's happening here to a much lesser degree, but we are not immune.

    Love the monarch painting. Can't wait to see what you paint on the new paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect name for your quilt. It’s going to take decades for our country to get back on track - that saddens me. Anxious to see your painting on the paper you made. Is that monarch in Val’s flower garden?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those stars are just gorgeous. It's funny you made paper. The Mister was just telling me about a show he saw about making paper. He can't stop talking about it. It apparently really impressed him. Lol...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember making paper in middle school. It was a fun and interesting process. We used tissue paper too and I never thought about the shiney stuff on one side now.
    I really like how your blanket is turning out. I have that pattern and I may just need to try it again. I didn't like changing colors every round so I gave up.
    I'm guessing those are Val's coneflowers?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I asked for a papermaking kit for Christmas! Yes we must do all the crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do have a lot of things coming together. That quilt is beautiful.
    Papermaking is very tempting, but I'm still sticking with my motto of No New Crafts!
    Your monarch turned out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved making paper! And then marbling it with dyes. Ah the crafts I loved before knitting and quilting filled my time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww. pretty post. Looks like my echinacea. Your blanket is going to be amazing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun to see the paper-making kit in use again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...