Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Sweat of my Brow

I made so many of these lanterns yesterday! 
 I had to empty my basket so I had a nice way to hold them for me to carry them 
from room to room as I worked on making even more! 
 On an aside, I wove this basket about a decade ago.
 I used to love to weave baskets until my hand strength gave way.
 I loved to weave the baskets 
(my native american heritage emerging) 
and have several which I use and admire daily.

I have a new project underway--a bottom up tradition sweater.  
This yarn is very nice-smooth, soft and it doesn't split! 
 Isn't that a quality you admire?!
I have made my swatch and now know how to move forward without any surprises--in theory, anyway!

I will gladly share a bite of peach with you!  
5 x 7" watercolor postcard
More fruit tomorrow, too!

5 comments:

  1. What pretty projects! Love that you made the basket too. Looking forward to seeing more of your fruity painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that sweater!!! I hope it cools off soon so I can get out mine. I made so many last year and I never got a chance to wear any of them.
    I could use a bite of that peach. I missed peach season this year with no farmer's markets. I could sure use a piece of that Amish peach pie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The list of your talents continues to grow: the basket is a beauty. It’s a nice size and shape for toting projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made that basket?! You truly are amazing. I think you can do anything that you set your mind to. It's the perfect size for projects to live in and carry with you.
    Pretty yarn for your new sweater. It looks like fall!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second Betsy. Basket weaving is a great skill. My Great Uncle was a basket weaver. I'd love to have one he made but I don't think they are around any more. I should ask my Uncle, who is the last one alive on that side. Nice post

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...