Saturday, September 5, 2020

I am Feeling Well!

The front and back was seamed at the shoulders 
so I could pick up stitches and knit the rib. 
 It was pretty easy to make a square neckline;  
I don't think I have done one before!
The second sleeve is finished and over the next few days, I will seam up the sweater!
I was able to cut up some more Hunter Star blocks;  
I found another bit of fabric that closely matches the other that I used up
 so I can make at least a lap-sized quilt.
As soon as I finish one block, I lay out the pieces for another.
The star is pieced by making triangle units, 
which are joined to make four squares,
 then halves and then you have a block!
Last night as I was knitting on the slip stitch yoke sweater,
 Lena climbed up on my lap, tunneled up the sweater and settled in for a nap!  
Bill thought it was nice of me to knit that for her! lol
And finally, I painted a postcard inspired from a pic on Sarah's blog!  
The photo was black and white so I imagined the colors! 
  Heron on the Gulf,
 5 x 7" postcard in watercolor
 

7 comments:

  1. That picture of Lena is adorable! Of course she couldn’t be disturbed...

    I saw a big heron take off from the water yesterday — beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lena is a sweetheart, and your photo proves it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could Lena get any more adorable!!!

    The fall colors in your quilt squares are beautiful. Just in time for the season to change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that kitty! How precious is that?
    You'll have to check out my blog post tomorrow about what happened in my craft room to my watercolor projects last night. It's quite a story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sweater is looking great. I don't think I've ever knit a square neckline. It looks perfect to me.
    Lena is so cute and cuddly. It's obvious that she likes her Mom's lap. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet kitty! I think a perfect cocoon for her. The sweater might not get done very quickly, but she won't mind. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...