Monday, September 14, 2020

Done and Begun!

The socks for Bill are now completed!  
These socks are large, size 15 large and in the words of a young granddaughter, 
"Those are socks for a Hobbit!" 
 Indeed. 
 These were knit on #5 needles over 64 and then 56 stitches, toe-up.  
The yarn is the handspun yarn from the Russian goat owner!  
It is soft but sturdy yarn and it will keep the man with poor circulation quite warm at night!
As soon as I finished, I looked at the empty baskets and decided to take inspiration from  Deb and knit a Pimpelliese Shawl.  The yarn is some Shetland I spun and dyed, using #7 needle to knit this instead of the #4 called for;  I like a loose garter for my shawls.

 Watercolor of the Day is a family memory--we had an 'old blue truck' for a Lot Car which the kids drove out back and I would load up with all of the kids, a dog and our detritus to go and hang out at the pond out back for a day at the 'beach' swimming when we lived in central NY on our farm! 
 For many seasons, we sold our pumpkin harvest!  
Good memories.
(Now, I drew the truck from my own memory and when I showed this to DH, 
he googled the truck model and showed me what it 'really' looked like.
 I sweetly told him not to mess with my memories!  
Yes, dear, I realize that the hood is too sloping but it IS and OLD truck and it is blue!
 He did admit he knew what I drawn right away , so I did forgave him!)

Yes, the last watercolor was a coneflower and monarch drawn from a photo on Kathy B's blog!

7 comments:

  1. Those are some mighty big socks!! LOL They look so cozy and warm. Love your truck painting with the bed full of pumpkins - fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man socks are always as adventure. I've got two pairs on the needles now that I hope to get done by the holidays. I swore I had made enough for everyone through the year but it seems I didn't. Playing catch up with man socks is no fun.
    Love the watercolor. I was watching watercolor videos last night again. I always go to bed with great ideas and then wake up with nothing. Lol....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some pretty nifty socks!! as a mom of boys with size 15 feet - I can tell you - those will be loved!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your truck filled with pumpkins!!!

    I'd love to HAVE an old blue truck filled with pumpkins! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd tell him to behave or he's not getting his socks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job on the socks and the drawing. LOL, I ❤️ Val’s comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BIG socks! I'm sure he's going to love them. I know you're going to love knitting the Pimpelliese shawl. It's one of my very favorite patterns.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...