Second sock is off to a good start and I even remembered to reverse the placement of the zig zag to it will be on the outside of the foot on both appropriately!
The new quilt did get some quilting at the frame--I use a rotary cutter template to trace the shape at each corner of the blocks.
They make an interesting design on both the pieced and plain blocks but the best part is that it is one continuous line across the row and then back! I'll have to remember this one!
INKTOBER DAY 25---BUDDY This one was very enjoyable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
FRIDAY
All the blocks are completed for this variation of Winding Ways and I will be adding two narrow borders after I get these sewn into a top. ...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...




"Buddy" is great!! Pretty sock and yay for remembering to reverse it!
ReplyDeleteThat’s a fun way to use a template!
ReplyDeleteAh, your buddy picture has real warmth and poignancy, looking at the sea ... Must feel great to get the socks underway; I know so little about quilting and what happens on a frame, but the pattern is lovely.
ReplyDeleteLove the quilting! Anything that goes across the surface will be a good item to have in my tool box! Good luck with the socks.
ReplyDeleteI’m enjoying all of your Inktober sketches.
ReplyDeleteThis sketch is one of my favorites, (and I've liked them all.) There's just something about it that draws me in.
ReplyDeleteThe sock and quilt both look great. I've been plugging away, well knitting away, on Piper's last sweater for this fall. One sleeve and a button band to go!
Blessings,
Betsy
The quilt lines are very interesting. It all goes together so well.
ReplyDeleteLove the Buddy piece. It says it all.
Oh that quilt is interesting! The sock is such a great fun color way!!!
ReplyDelete