Friday, October 9, 2020

Just Look for the Rainbow!

We had quite a treat last night;  
a surprise downpour while the sun was shining so brightly 
which resulted in a rainbow in our own yard--both ends!
  It was so bright and lovely!
  I've never seen a rainbow with both ends so clearly defined in such a short span!
I finished the pink butterfly quilt and loaded on the Ohio Star kitties and will begin that today!  
I do have to bind all of the other quilts 
and will post proper pictures when I am completely done with them!

I was digging in the stash for some binding fabric
 and instead  found these pillow prints and decided to turn them into the real thing! 
 They are a heavier fabric and gave just the right change in mood for this room!  
A zebra...
...leopards, a smaller pillow made of the same fabric as the back of the panel ones and
a pair of elephants and finally, 
a lion!  They are large pillows, 16" x 20" and stuffed with polyfil.

To prove I am still knitting, I have one finished one sock
 and am about ready to begin the gusset in the second.  
These are with the yarn, Muse, in colorway, Impulse. 
 I am liking the yarn so much, I am playing with the idea of knitting a sweater out of it!  
INKTOBER drawing of the day for the prompt, teeth.
  Of course, I chose some sharks teeth!  
These are the most common ones on the Florida beach where I've found them. 
 It was a good study in using so many grays and browns!  
 

9 comments:

  1. I did the SAME thing for teeth!!! Of course mine are not as fancy as yours. My mom collected shark's teeth so it was the first thing I thought of.
    Love those pillows. Dad left some wolf prints in his stash and I was just thinking about them. He had wanted them to be the center of a quilt for The Mister but we never got around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only once did I see a complete rainbow! Yours is beautiful. What a wonderful surprise! (Did you find the pot of gold???)

    You did a great job on the sharks' teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Mom had a collection of shark teeth. They were scattered on the hillsides on her childhood farm in South Dakota. I always marveled at that. The sock yarn is luscious: it’s easy to see why it would make a great sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your very own rainbow! How special is that? Love all of the pillows and they're perfect for that room with the matching rug! Of course I really like that sock yarn. So pretty and soft looking.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are knocking stuff out! I am in a rut, so who knows when I will finish anything! But I did make 2 blocks and a table runner top today, so there is hope. Switching to knitting since I have sewn all I brought south with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool idea to do the shark teeth . WOw. Did you see the Shark that almost bit a surfer in Australia? it was on my news feed today. Yikes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow to the rainbow!
    I had no idea shark teeth were so varied!
    I’m working on an improv quilt in a controlled colour palette of green, yellow and orange. Fun! Might even post pictures when it comes together!😀

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...