Saturday, October 17, 2020

Blast Off!

The Crotons have really matured this year-they stay colorful all year
 but really have flourished with all the heat and humidity of the summer!
  (this stands about 4' tall)
I pulled out a few more Fall decorations, 
this wreath was made 22 years ago 
when my daughter had been recently married and lived in Chicago. 
 I took the train to go and visit her while her husband was away for work. 
 We had such a great time that weekend and each year when I bring this out, 
I have a few more repairs to do--see the bare spots?--but I fix it and smile at the happy memory!
Day 16 for INKTOBER--ROCKET  
This is for the space shuttle rocket we saw blast off while we were on Daytona Beach; 
 boy, could you feel the roar! 
 

6 comments:

  1. I do the same thing — spiff up the tired spots on mine every year or two — because who wants a new one when this one has such a fun story?! The painting is very cool and even more interesting because it is out of the norm as a painting subject!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike! I did almost the very same drawing. I love that little space shuttle. It was a fun one to do. Today's storm is giving me fits. I have no idea of anything I could actually do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to have things like your wreath, that invoke good family memories. The Inktober shuttle is really good! It's one of my dreams to be able to sketch and watercolor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the plant is just beautiful!
    And your Inktober drawings are really nice.
    Next year I'll participate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful wreath and the memories make it even nicer. I love things like that with wonderful memories attached to them.
    Great shuttle drawing. How neat that you saw it launch.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the Shuttle. That was one of the highlights of living in our Orlando neighborhood. You really got to see the launches and it was a quick jaunt over to Titusville if you wanted a close up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...