Thursday, October 1, 2020

Where Are You?

Recliner time won out yesterday;  I'm not railing against those days any more. 
 They happen but at least I can knit, paint and connect with friends. 
 The second sock sped off the needles as the heel is turned and I have started the k3p1 rib up the leg.  We are spending some time in the car today
 as we do errands so I will make a lot of progress up the leg I predict! 
This is an old framed photo my youngest son took while in school for a photo contest.  
The view is from the side yard of our farm in NY. 
 In my memory, the farm remains intact;  the place where I raised 4 children, 
saw two of them off-one to marriage and one to the Air Force.  
This photo is a treasure to me because the tree is gone, the barn is gone and so is the silo 
BUT
 in my memory, it still looks like this!  
A wonderful chapter of my life.
Yes, the picture yesterday was of Betsy's entrance to her home; 
 if you wonder what Betsy is like-the welcome sign says it all! 
  Today, is a postcard painting from a photo taken on an overseas trip one of you took last year. 
 Have fun figuring it out!
 

8 comments:

  1. Lovely watercolor! I wonder who was lucky enough to visit a place like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is pretty. I'll look forward to finding out where it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that in Florence, Italy? I was there last October and your picture reminds me of the church there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those socks are making me really want to run out and order some of that yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photograph captured a beautiful and calm view. I could stare out the window on that scene all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful place to raise a family. I have places like that in my memory too. My grandma's home is one of them. She is the one who taught me to crochet, embroider and cook. I miss her every day. Thank you for painting my steps and flowers. I saved the photo to my computer as a reminder of your friendship. I hope to print it out and frame it!
    You asked about the mittens in your comment on my blog. I make them for 1st graders so it's a size 8-9 on the pattern I use. I hope that answers your question. I suppose it would depend on the pattern as to the sizing. Maybe a small if it were a S-M-L scale?
    Have a wonderful day my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun exercise in painting! Very clever. I also have places that are etched in my memory that no longer exist. My Grandmother's house on the water still exists, but definitely not as I remember when she lived there. I think it's healthy to keep those precious memories. Your farm looks like a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you going to paint that picture (of the farm in winter)? Some days I still feel an ache for all of that quiet space out back! Thankful for the memories!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...