Thursday, October 8, 2020

Stood Up!

What a day spent in front of the quilt frame!  I finished the hexagon flowers and then quickly ripped off two flannel quilts with meander.  And before I completely ran out of strength, I loaded up the next quilt!
This one I used a pantograph so I could accent the sweet colors and butterflies
 with a meander and dragonflies!
See?!  I am using a variegated thread in pinks.
While at Millie's the other day, I 'borrowed' some invisible thread! 
 So I began the applique work for the tropical table runner! 
 I didn't get far on this one;  who's idea was it to make so many lobes on these large leaves! Ha! 
 See how I fold up the rest of the table runner so it is easier to maneuver the fabric
 back and forth to stitch around the intricate edges?  
That little trick and having a needle down feature is the best way to tackle applique!

 Our prompt for day 7 is FANCY  and this is what came to mind! 
 Nothing like a little girl playing dress up!
Pencil drawn, inked in with a .05 marker and then watercolored.

10 comments:

  1. Your comment on the appliqué picture made me chuckle...the lobes probably multiply while you aren’t looking... or at least that’s how it feels with appliqué! Pretty painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the varigated thread - it really adds to the whole piece. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an impressive accomplishment!! LOVE that dragonfly on your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much done! Your fancy little girls is sweet! I just drew some flowers but I did have fun with the rodent. Not sure what I am going to do with teeth...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little dragonflies are so sweet. That pink variegated thread is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your day was very productive! The drawing reminds me of the Fancy Nancy books my friend used to bring to knitting nights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh - I love that dragonfly - I'm going to have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of pretty things today and I like the dragonfly you stitched. I was going to say your drawing reminded me of Piper's Fancy Nancy books but I see that Nancy beat me to it!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. At first I thought that was a Christmas quilt on top of the stack, but then I saw that it had dogs. Cute! I like the little girl in her fancy dress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My grand-daughter would love to have a dress like that to play dress ups. Her mother would never be able to get it off her!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...