Saturday, October 10, 2020

A Few Stutters

When I stood in front of the frame, 
I noticed I had loaded it upside down. 
 I cut the basting stitches and flipped it around and re-basted it. 
 And then noticed it was still wrong!  
I had to undo the stitches again and take it off the frame
 because I found that two of the centers on the Ohio Star kitties quilt...
were upside down and that was the problem!  
I ripped out the stitches and removed the center squares turn them around, 
check it 14 times and then stitch it back into place! 
 I loaded it back on the frame, basted it again, quilted one row and walked away!  
 I used up all of my patience with that dumb move! lol
INKTOBER DAY -9 Prompt is THROW  
  I am throwing a life-line to any who feel like they are drowning.

 

5 comments:

  1. Not a fun fix to have to make, BUT it is a rather cool story of how it was discovered! And far better than finding it in a middle row after you’d quilted halfway down the quilt... The muted reds and blues of the painting are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm willing to guess that only you would have noticed that problem. It would have driven you crazy though had you not fixed it so now it's done and dusted and you can move on.
    The coast guard ship is perfect. Did you feel like you needed a lifeline after the quilting session? :-). So many people need one right about now.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, man...that had to be rough.
    I LOVE your throw sketch! I could use a life-line right about now. It's been one of those weeks. Nothing major just lots of little irritations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you found the mistake, but I'm sure that it was frustrating. I love the drawing! We could all use a life line these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you found the mistake before you started quilting!
    Family left, with husband, about an hour ago. He’ll be home this evening or perhaps tomorrow, they’ll be back in ten weeks - I’m feeling sad! Thanks for the virtual life line!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...