Thursday, October 22, 2020

Binding and Bungling!

I started the day with a determination to get the binding on the two finished quilts!  It was a good idea I had to pull this portable table next to me so that it would hold the weight of the quilt and reduce the hauling that sets my neck and shoulders into  fits!

It didn't take long before Lena hopped up to hold the quilt in place for me!  Cats!
The Autumn LeMoyne Stars quilt is ready to be donated--all crinkly soft and waiting to comfort! I love the look of this one-busy but so are leaves are a very blustery day!
The Ohio Star Kitties is also a done deal and it, too, looks good now that I am finished!
The Noah's Ark Hexagon is almost finished-it was a simple one that didn't required much brain power to knock it off.  I'm sure I will finish it today.
Yeah, this was a very sad moment.  I had the sock knitted up past the heel and started the ankle when I thought the area by the zig zags was narrower than when I began!  Oh, no.  Well, the mistake was way back at the toe when I had ripped it out the first time!  I just pulled it off the needles and ripped without stopping to think too much or I would've cried.  I have knit a pair almost already!
INKTOBER DAY 21--SLEEPING  Did I mention that I don't like verbs?  This is my tongue in cheek version of me sleeping in my room at night.....

 

9 comments:

  1. Your quilts are absolutely beautiful ... I especially like both the Stars and thew Kitties. Whoever receives one is very lucky. Do you take commissions? I'm sure there would be a market :). Yikes about the socks - you have stamina and fortitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The swirly quilting on the Hexagon Quilt is so pretty.

    Sorry to read about the socks. :-( There was a bit of THAT going on here yesterday too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilts!! Sorry about the sock mess....

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilts are beautiful. I love the quilting on the large hexagon quilt. Quilting can make a simple quilt shine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilts. I especially like the autumn stars, athough they are are gorgeous.
    I'm so sorry about the socks. It does happen to the best of us doesn't it?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom does the same thing when she attaches binding - she's got a big fold up table (like a craft sale table) that she slides over to the machine. It makes things so much easier.

    The Lemoyne quilt is gorgeous! I need to make one of those, and you know I love the kitty quilt (and the REAL kitty!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilts are gorgeous. I would have a very hard time letting that star one go.
    So sorry about the socks. I've had some cryable moments myself lately with my projects. I almost hate to pick them up anymore.
    I had to laugh at sleep. That's pretty much how my dizzy one went. I just gave up and did a scribble to say I did something-after too many tries. I have to say looking at the rest of the list, I am not thrilled. There may be lots more scribbles in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these quilts. I find that quilters are very generous- always donating warm blankets. That's very nice of you. Love the inktober this time! Is that a picture of the back of your eyelids while you're sleeping? Teehee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, Lena is a great help :) Your quilts are just beautiful, and so nice to get so many done! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...