Friday, October 30, 2020

Progress with a little help from a Friend

It was so hot and humid today it made working in the garage-
which is not air conditioned-a bit of a challenge. 
 I've always been hampered by my lack of physical strength 
which was evidenced today when I couldn't even pick up the grinder out of the box! 
 I called my neighbor, Millie, and she gladly came over to help! 
 I had already removed the old belt sander from the tool stand, 
had cut the board on the table saw
 and only needed to put the grinder up on the stand!  
We had it set in place and bolted in no time! 
 I cleaned up the garage and closed doors just in time for a bit of rain!
I worked on the Pimpellise shawl and have it almost halfway;
at this point, I will do no increases but maintain the width for 12-15"
 and then I will begin to work the decreases.  It is a good knit.
INKTOBER Day 29-SHOES-- and the footwear I live in are my Croc flip-flops!
Oh, and the little girl socks are on the needle! 
 (I've been waiting for a footprint to be mailed to me!)
 

7 comments:

  1. Which heritage Print is that yarn? It's very pretty. I'm just like you in the strength department (or lack there of). I can't lift the spare tire out of a car. I think it's the angle of it as well as my weak arms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All nice developments! Flip flops are a very appropriate choice for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my flip-flops and live in them until the snow flies. It was in the 40's yesterday so I wore my flip-flop's to take Chloe on her walk! I didn't know croc made them. I'll have to look online because I wear the cheaper ones out pretty quickly.
    I'm glad you got your grinder all set up. I know you'll have some beautiful things to show us very soon.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I drew my Crocs too! It was a fun one.
    I can't wait to see your grinder adventures. I have no idea what one does.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love heat and humidity. It is sunny here. We worked in 40 degree sunny weathering the woods today. We literally have stay at home orders . Your shawl is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flip flops give a very beachy vibe. I like that! And the sock yarn is right up my alley. Nice colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...