Thursday, October 15, 2020

Such Pretty Colors!

The Cana Lily is still producing such luminous blooms! 
 I like it when flowers give so much pleasure!
I finished sock #1 of the fer de lance pattern--it turned out just fine 
if the chart is upside down because I knit it from the toe up!
The yarn did a very cool change when the stitch count changed at the heel;  
the pooling is very different and they returned to its usual repeat!  Cool! 
 You can see the pattern up the front of the sock and then I knit the pattern front and back of the leg.
  I did knit this over 64 stitches 
so I just added another knit stitch to each end of the pattern. 
 I also did the double decrease differently so I have a very distinct line up the peaks of the lance.
  And you can see, I have sock #2 on the needles already!
This is Inktober day 14--ARMOR is the prompt.
  I painted a dung beetle who is armored in very bright colors for a guy with a stinky job!

 

6 comments:

  1. Wow! A sock already! When I’m knitting constantly, which hasn’t been for a loooong time, I can manage a pair of socks in a week, if I really put my mind to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the socks.

    I like the beetle too. You really captured his poky little legs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks very cool toe up!
    Love the beetle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty sock! I love when they pool in such a pretty way.
    Your beetle is so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Normally lacy patterns get lost in variegated yarn, but your yarn actually highlights the stitch pattern. Great job of matching yarn and pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was like that yarn was made for that pattern. I agree with Nancy on it highlighting the pattern.
    I have never seen an actual dung beetle and it sounds yucky so I'll take your word for it that they look like this. Those legs are amazingly detailed. I would have thought of something mundane like a knight. :-( You have a great imagination and think "out of the box."
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...