Saturday, December 12, 2020

Cracked!

Someone spent the night in the garage! 
 See him up there on the door rail?
I opened the other door and he found his way out---but when  I was out to work at the lathe, I could hear birds squawking--he had to be young because he was hanging out in the flowers and two cats had heard him, too!  I chased away the cats until finally he took flight and parents went with him so peace reigned!
I took a piece of cedar from the stack, cut the log in half lengthwise, 
drew my circle, and cut it out on the bandsaw.
You can see how I used the middle of the cut section for the bowl blank.
and this is where I cut the circle! 
 Looks like a secret carved out book or rock to hide the key in! lol
Everything was going well 
until that bothersome crack I tried to glue together, let loose!
(the experts do it and it holds....!)
 I just cleaned up the area and walked away.....

Sometimes, bowl-blows happen!

5 comments:

  1. Sorry, not fun...but I will say that when I first saw it, I could see a design element...could you make the rim of the bowl wavy (even asymmetrically so)? I don’t know enough about technique to know if it’s even possible! Beautiful coloring and woodgrain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer. Thankfully you have plenty of wood.

    Glad little cardinal got safely back with his family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a baby cardinal on the deck once and kept him in my bathroom until he could fly well enough to be released. I was surprised he let me hand feed him. I had done that with my parrot years before so I knew what to do. I ground up my bird's kibble and he thrived on it. I cried my eyes out when I released him back in the woods of the wetlands. Every time I see I cardinal I think of little "Twitter".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not know you had cardinals that far south!

    ReplyDelete
  5. At first I thought, "what a shame," but you know what? I see a yarn bowl there. Seriously. I think it would be beautiful.

    I'm so glad the little cardinal flew away safely. I know it's normal for cats to go after birds, but it always breaks my heart when I see it.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...