Monday, December 28, 2020

Some Sunshine Warmed Me Up

I was able to spend a little time at the lathe yesterday afternoon 
while Bill took a deep nap. 
 I removed all of the blankets from the plants
 I tried saving with mixed results.  
So what am I making? 
 No, it is not a horn!
It's a twig vase! 
( I have purchased glass vials to glue inside
 so the vase can hold water to use it for a bud vase, too.)
I received the full array of sanding grits and couldn't wait to put them to use.
What a difference! 
 The smooth surface is beyond what I was able to achieve before!
I sure am learning that the finishing touches 
take as long as it does to turn the item!
Sanding sealer has been applied
 and today, I will sand and polish throughout the day 
until I have a deep sheen to show off the grain of this camphor branch. 

9 comments:

  1. What a sweet little vase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one looks a bit trickier than the bowls. It will make a beautiful vase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’ll be a master of the lathe in no time. The vase is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful! You are making the most unusual things. I never would have thought of a wooden vase.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've really brought out the wonderful grain of this wood. It's going to look fantastic with flower-buds or twigs in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh that is absolutely beautiful :) Well done!
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

READY FOR THE FRAME FINALLY!

At quilting group yesterday, I managed to get the borders seen on and all pressed!  Now to wait for its turn on the frame!  I am feeling beh...