Saturday, May 15, 2021

Helping Out

Today we are heading to youngest son's home to help out with some electrical work; 

 I will help out by enjoying the kids! I know, that's a hard job!

I did get some work done in the sewing room yesterday-  Lena helped a lot by keeping the runner from falling off the table...

But the Grandmother's Flower Garden table runner is completed, binding and all!  The binding wasn't too hard to do just

 slow going;  Lena was able to have a long nap!

I started some blocks for a new idea-here is the charm pack I cut up and paired up to make some new blocks.

Cleaning and a bit of housework claimed most of the day 

but I did get several rows of quilting done on the latest QOV on the frame.

7 comments:

  1. Lena was very sweet to us, but I suspect she was not sorry to have you to herself again! Have a great time in FB today. ♥️ (Hooray on the table runner —you survived the scallops!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitties do love to help. Pup like to help too but she has to sit behind me in my chair which makes a tight squeeze. The runner is lovely. It really has that vintage quilt look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet to have the table runner completed. I love how it all turned out and it looks exactly like spring to me.
    Lena is your sweet companion and helper.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you aren't letting moss grow under your family visits! Can't wait to see the new idea and the QOV done. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The runner looks wonderful. Have fun with the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE those patterns in the future QOV!

    Playing with the kids may be fun work, but it's also IMPORTANT work. Let the guys get the job done with no kiddos. Kiddos and electrical work DO NOT MIX WELL. LOL Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...