Sunday, May 9, 2021

Progress and Beauty

Look at this!  My caladium has two blooms 
and one more on its way! 
 Just beautiful.
I sewed the binding on this quilt 
and as soon as I hand sew on a dedication label, 
it can be handed in to the local coordinator. 
 I thoroughly enjoyed this quilt-along!
I also finished the free-motion quilting on the table runner
 and trimmed around the  border hexies 
to make a smoother edging so I will be able to bind this!
I used my small drunkards path template to draw a curve on each of the hexagons and then used scissors to cut all the way around.  I might use a large plate and make them circles instead of scallops.  I will decide another day! lol
And then I loaded another QOV quilt I made with a friend last year before you-know-what-hit.  It's time to get it done 
and delivered to a Veteran who will use it!

 

7 comments:

  1. The caladium flower looks a lot like a calla lily flower. Are caladiums in that same flower family? Very pretty in any case.

    Congrats on the quilt finish. For what it's worth, I like the scallop look on the table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are gorgeous and so are your quilts. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks wonderful!! Great idea on the hexie edge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The caladium is beautiful!
    Your quilting is so lovely. Free-motion quilting is at the top of my retirement to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilts are beautiful. I think the table runner turned out fantastic. One One of these days I just may give one a try.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The runner turned out great! Hexies can be hard when you have to figure out those edges. That was a great idea. Dad and I scalloped one once and it was a lot of figuring but it looked great when it was finished.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...