Friday, May 7, 2021

A Simple Day

I can't have an empty lathe! 
 I loaded on another  piece of the maple for a bowl.
A square bowl emerged pretty quickly. 
 I will wrap up  the sanding and finishing today!
Look what I finished at the frame yesterday!
I will be putting the binding on today and loading the pieced backing on the frame for the table runner!
The young sandhill crane is a teenager! 
 As soon as the parents saw me at the window for a photo,
He herded the kid right away 
staying between me and him the whole way! 
 Lena likes watching them, too!

6 comments:

  1. I'll bet Lena does enjoy watching those cranes...and I bet they could do some damage to Lena!! Keep Away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always felt that way about the loom. I hated seeing it sit there unused. I had to pack it away for the remodel and can't wait to get it back out.
    Those are some big birds! I can't imagine what our kitties would do if they saw something so big!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bowl and your quilting. You are so productive. It's 10:45 and I'm still in my jammies writing emails. It's a strange day for sure.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apparently Mama and Papa crane are GOOD parents. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely bowl and yippee for a finish! Are you keeping the quilt or does it have a recipient?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...