Thursday, May 6, 2021

Grandmother's Flower Garden Runner

I did it!  The Grandmother's Flower Garden table runner is completely pieced and waiting its turn on the frame! 
 It's big-and will look very striking on the table-soon!
As I watered the flowers this morning, 
I noted the blooms inside the bromeliads.  
So delicate and such a funny color compared to its host!
I spent some time at the lathe! 
 This vase is from a Sycamore branch. 
 I left some bark it and didn't worry about getting it completely round--I like the look of the vase emerging from the branch! 
 It is 10' tall and about 3" at its widest. 
 This one is going to my sister--a thank you for the gift of the visit last month.



 

7 comments:

  1. Three different kinds of pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty projects and pretty flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eager to see how you quilt this one. And what a lovely vase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The vase is beautiful.

    The runner will be a lovely spring/summer piece for your table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the runner! It looks so springlike and happy and your beautiful lathe work never fails to amaze me. Your sister is sure to love that lovely little vase.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The runner is lovely! I do love hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely runner! I hope you'll share more picks of the bromeliad as it blooms

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...