Tuesday, December 27, 2022

JUST A SLEEVE

Since I am down with a virus of some sort, I am in bed, dozing and knitting as I am able.  I  figured out how to knit the sleeve from the cuff up-as opposed to picking up stitches and knitting down from the yoke as the pattern reads.  This way, I didn't have to haul the sweater around each time I knit a round on the sleeve!  I have the markers up the inside of the sleeve, marking the increases and leaving me a good path to follow (and notes) to make the second sleeve to match!  I have about 3" more to knit and then I will knit a few rounds in waste yarn.  Using waste yarn on both ends to join with grafting is a trick I use with the machine knitting and it is worth the little bit of extra work so you can SEE what you are doing! It is working beautifully in my head! 
 Today will see if my plan goes as smoothly in 'real life'!
 

7 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have to do that with Dad's sweater when I get to that point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where there's a will there's always a way. I'm sure you'll figure out the fastening and final touches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon. Will you use something similar to the Kitchener stitch to graft the sleeves to the sweater body?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting idea! Feel better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also hate dragging the body around. The one thing I've learned from Arne and Carlos's little advent sweaters is making the sleeves separate and them joining at the yoke. I am dying to try a me sized sweater using this technique when I finish all the little ones to see if it works

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you in getting a sleeve done while not feeling well. My brain isn't good at processing things like that. I put markers in while decreasing for the sleeves too. It does really help.
    I hope you'll feel right as rain when you wake up tomorrow.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...