Thursday, December 15, 2022

INSTALLATION DAY!

A new quilt is on the frame-it is the last of the small quilts I've made earlier this year.  As soon as this one is done, the QOV on the design wall will go on the frame!
After loading the quilt, there were more shelves to be made!  Now four are finished and we will head to church to install them today.  Bill is going along for the muscle! lol
While I was waiting for different coats of stain or polyurethane to dry, I decided to play on the lathe! 
 This is a new bowl from a chunk of Magnolia! 
 The grain is amazing!  
I have the outside done and the inside will be hollowed out next. 
 Probably not happening today.
These potholders were made by my sister-in-law many years ago.  Tunisian crochet with cross stitch to add the design.  I wash them and lay them flat to dry and they look brand new every year!  Isn't is nice to put out old favorites each year for Christmas decorations:?!
 

5 comments:

  1. I hope you’ll share a photo of the shelves after they are hung. I know they will look great on the wall. The grain of the magnolia bowl is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple is a cute quilt!!!
    and yay for the design wall being next
    Your pot holders are so very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a regular shelf making machine! Those potholders are so lovely. I was just asking The Mister to make me some holiday ones on his little weaving loom. I have one. Just one and that's not enough. I think he gave the rest of them away one year. Now to dig out that bag of loops I have here somewhere.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that purple quilt! The one with the red stars is awesome, too. That bowl is beautiful; who knew magnolia wood is so pretty? And you are right, I just got out an old Christmas table runner I made and had forgotten how much I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What bowl!!! OMG! It will be gorgeous! And the shelves will be so appreciated. I need to make my girls some items to carry through the years, to create their traditions.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...