Saturday, December 17, 2022

ACHIEVING CALM

This rescue orchid I bought last Januare is flourishing and even blooming again already!  The first time it had only 4 blooms and this time 6 will be the results BUT it has a second  and third stem with buds, maybe 7 more on them!   Dee, should I cut off the other stems or wait and see what happens?
These flowers are quite large --about 3" across!
 They are a deep salmon color!
As soon as I completed the quilting on this little lap quilt, Lena claimed it.  (Once the quilt is finished , meaning washed and dried, I do not let her lay on the quilts!) 
 I have the binding cut and will sew it on today.
I did a free motion series of water-ish lines over this one.
Throughout the day, I wataercolored these free to download tags.  (tidbits-cami.com)
There are two more hats in the donation pile! 
 (tagged and pom-pommed even!)

3 comments:

  1. We went to a nursery yesterday that goes all out for Christmas and their orchard room blew me away. I had no idea how many types and colors there were. I was tempted by a display of African Violets but came to my senses. I don't need another thing to care for...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute hats.

    For the orchids: There are different thoughts on that. I don't cut the stems completely back until they are brown. I cut the green ones back to about 4" tall. Sometimes they will send out shoots off the old green stems. Sometimes they won't. It is certainly worth a try.

    If you GOOGLE it you will see how some people recommend handling the stems. I've done it my way and had mixed results. I really think it depends on the individual orchids.

    The orchid flowers you have are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tags are precious! You just amaze me. And those hats are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...