Friday, December 30, 2022

PUTTING IT TOGETHER

Look, I managed to work on another project  and will continue to work on it today!  I have all 12 of the Tunisian Calendar Blocks crocheted together and will begin the border work next.
Lena helped me graft the ends of the cowl together 
and almost agreed to model it for me....
This is what our home has looked like for a week--Bill removed all of the blankets and frost cloths from the garden areas but I am sad to say that 5 nights below freezing did a number on everything.  I'm hoping the blankets will at least allow the plants to make a comeback!  The weather is improving and it will be 79*F tomorrow so hoping that will give the green a chance!
Many of the Camellias were burned brown 
but a few still flourish!
(I managed to walk out for these pics yesterday after breakfast and that was my highlight of activity for the day!) 
 

5 comments:

  1. That's what my poor camellias look like all the time. It's such a roller coaster of temperatures here the poor things don't stand a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m sure the plants will bounce back. Glad you were able to get out for a bit, but don’t overdo and have a relapse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you're feeling better! Sure hope so. Some things froze here, too, so it will be interesting to see which ones are OK. Did you see the video on the news of the car sliding and twirling down the hill at our daughter's house? It was so icy here we couldn't even make it to our mail box. And today it's almost 50! Go figure...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had years like that when we were in Orlando. It's so sad to see everything freeze damaged. :-( I think the freeze here got my hydrangea. It didn't bloom last year because of an early spring freeze. We'll see if it will make it though the damage from this last freeze.

    How is Lena's leg from when she was little? Did it completely heal? She looks like such a sweet girl. I think she found you just about the same time Giroux found us, didn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope all is well with the plants and they soon recover from the horrible cold and glad you were able to get outside a bit. Do you know what's wrong with you? I've been praying for you my dear friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...