Sunday, December 4, 2022

FLAT AND FORM!

I will take this with me to quilting group today. 
 I hopt to finish the inner clamshells 
and then I can figure out the borders!  
(I'm thinking of applique four the outside but no promises!)
I have been distracted from the studio because of this wood! 
 It works up beautifully and it looks great
 for something that came from a chunk of fire wood! 
 (it is a piece of 8:" Maple!)
Another chunk of the same is now on the lathe wating for me!  
I only have to hollow it out and apply some finish! 
 It's been wonderful to work at the lathe regularly again!
 

7 comments:

  1. Very bright and colorful clamshells. I love wooden bowls . Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried Clam Shells, just too much much curving, but someday will use the motif in quilting, that's easy. LOL. Love all the wonderful things you are creating, the bowl is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully, you'll get lots of lathe time before the weather gets too hot. I always thought Jan and Feb were the best time in Florida.

    Your quilt is very pretty. That looks like very intricate sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...those clam shells are spectacular! That bowl is so pretty. I just love wood grain when it's sleek and shiny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the colours in the quilt top are just wild!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...