Friday, December 9, 2022

GETTING THERE!

Ahhh, the piecing of the clamshells is completed and I am staging some border colors.  I will be appliquieing the top and bottom rows over the border but keeping the sides straight. 
 I'm not sure of the progression of color on the borders 
but I will make a decision and start piecing today.
Only two more rows needed on the star quilt 
so it will soon find itself bound, washed and dried!
And wood?  I finished the second bowl in a satin finish this time.
It turned out lovely for an old, dried piece of Maple wood! 
 The bowl is 8' across and 4" deep.
Here are the two halves of the log I split to be able to turn them on the lathe.  These will make a nice bowl on any table to hold fruit, yarn or ornaments!
 

5 comments:

  1. I am caught up on your posts! These bowls are gorgeous, and seeing the halves together is a really cool thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bowls are just gorgeous! I can just see them piled up with yarn-especially those balls that you don't want to knit. The ones you just want to admire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, such lovely stuff coming from your talented hands!! I love the latest hats, the color is gorgeous. I have borders to add to a baby quilt and a quilted one to bind, I am losing my oomph!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...