Sunday, January 22, 2023

CUT IT UP!

I tackled the new quillt kit--so much to read and figure out when you first open it up because there are lots of fabrics and you need to label EVERYTHING!  I cut out a few block worth of pieces so I could get the feel of the block.
There are 17 of each of these two blocks-one larger star and one smaller.  The center is different on the small star but is all the same fabric on the large one!  I'm already thinking how different it would look if I do the stripes in red and white and all of the stars in blue on the next quilt! lol
I have only two rows left to do on the quilt frame but my laser light needed charging and so I had to quit!
So I went and played in the garage --a new oak bowl is growing!  The wormwood screw broke on this piece and I had to figure out how to continue on this.  The answer is using a piece of wood that fits in the chuck which is hot glued onto the bowl!  My daughter and I worked with my two little craft glue guns to get enough glue in place at the same time--a lot of fun!  And it worked!  I am ready to use the heat gun to soften the glue and pull the bowl off so I can turn it around on the lathe and hollow out the center of the bowl!  I'm glad so many of my tools work in differnt genres!
 

5 comments:

  1. It seems that the hardest part of any project is getting started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just put the last stitches in the binding of the Sunflower quilt I've been working on for four years. I'm wondering if I have enough brain cells left to go downstairs and get another quilt kit to start from the stash. Trying to wrap my brain around new stuff is not that much fun anymore. I've already goofed up Riddari's ribbing. How hard would it have been to actually READ the directions? Too hard for me apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, that is going to be gorgeous!! So jealous of your creative hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like it will be a fun quilt. I look forward to seeing the bowl too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a fun one!! and ... I see some fun on your machine too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

SUNSHINE!

The Heliopsis is in bloom again and has many buds ready to continue the beauty for most of the summer! But I had to reach quite high to get ...