Monday, January 30, 2023

ROCKING!!!!

I took the rocks out of the tumber to take a peek and move them from stage 1 grit to stage 2 grit.  I was as excited as a kid at the candy counter!
These are some of my favorite found rocks from Lake Ontario--some I have had for decades!  It was so amazing to see them begin to show their true colors! 
Here are some close-ups of my favorite ones!  This I believe is dolomite. 
Some red jasper, quartz in hematite.
A luxullianite--a type of granite!
This is an amazonite--it's me all over! lol  
(that's the name I call myself bc I mostly shop at amazon!)
These are three examples of quartz--rose, golden and milky.
A beautiful example of jasper!
This one had me stumped for a long time but I think I have identified it as unakite-pink, green and quarts in basalt.
The second tumbler held some quarts and carnelians!  My friend had purchased these a long time ago and never tumbled them so she gave them to me to try. 
This one has layers so is called an agate.  The colors range from golden to deep red;  some are opaque and othes quite tranlucent!
I loaded up the barrels for their next week of tumbling!
Until next time!
 

8 comments:

  1. Fun! I remember Colin had a rock tumbler when he was a kid and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beauties!!!! I may be odd but when I have been in stressful situations I carry a few shiny rocks with me in a pocket. I find just rolling them around in my fingers keeps me calm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors. I have a few polished rocks that I love in a decorative bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, the Jasper and luxullianite!! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love those rocks! When I was a little kid, I annoyed everyone by bringing home lots of rocks from our travels. I still pick them up even still.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They really turned out nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing how shiny and colorful they are now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...