Saturday, January 21, 2023

COMPLETED

The day loomed long with my daughter back home so I touched base with the studio;  I finished piecing the Hippo Top.  I am glad to report there was no drama and in no time it was ready for its place in the queue for the quilting machine!
  (I still have to finish the QOV on the frame-I worked on it, too,
 but no finish there, I'm afraid.)
It was pleasant to walk around outside again-it is a nice habit as so many of you know.  I am pleased to see the open blooms from the last Camellia bush.  This one has so many candy cane spots on the deep pink blossoms-truly pretty. 
 In fact, this one is my favorite.  
And look who has come home!  The long awaited repairs have been completed on the BobCat Tractor! Bill brought it home late yesterday and was too tired to unload it but I imagine he will make up for lost time today!  It was 'injured' last June and he is finally getting it back from the dealer.  I couldn't picture going without my lathe or sewing machine for that length of time!
 

5 comments:

  1. Miss you! It was a unique visit in several ways, but wonderful! ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home, Bob!

    The pattern of the Hippo quilt reminds me of lava lamps. You have a lava lamp with a hippo inside. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, happy hippos! I thought my camellia was is bloom the other day and when I got up close it turned out to be a cardinal sitting on a branch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hippo quilt is just gorgeous and what a beautiful camelia! Bill is going to have lots of fun - I know DH would love one of those!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...