Thursday, January 26, 2023

GNEISS IS NICE!

The latest sweater is moving right along but I dont like the worsted weight yarn as much as I enjoyed knitting with the DK weight! 
 The yarn is called Zebra but to me it looks like one of the rocks I am learning about--gneiss looks like this!!
I decided to use one skein to make the two sleeves and then I will have all the yarn I need for length without worrying if there would be enough for sleeves!  And by doing them first, I don't have a whole sweater to haul around as I shoot around the sleeve!

I was knocked flat yesterday with a rogue migraine-the 'lose your sight and have to go to bed with dark and no sound' kinda migraine!  The new meds I take as soon as the vision goes makes me go stone cold for hours and then I get way too hot for hours before I find my normal temperature;  it is really an adventure!  I hope to move around like a normal human today!
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh no....I hate those kind of migraines. I haven't had a lose your sight kind in a while-knock on wood but I sure do still get the other nasty kinds all too often.
    As for the worsted weight....I am kinda sorry I bought it for my Riddari. I wanted it to be loose and slouchy but I think it's going to be too stiff. I am going to keep on keeping on though. It will make some good winter outerwear-I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you are back to normal today! I love all the variations of rocks and plants, they really have a texture all their own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Migraines are miserable. I pray you’re feeling much better today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...