Wednesday, January 11, 2023

OLD BECOMES NEW!

In my recent cleaning and organizing, 
I discovered this fabric which I fussy-cut into two piles of hippos to join with some grey, blue and red fabric for a  child's quilt! 
 This will be a good first pieceing for the year.
I also uncovered these two Jelly Rolls and will use the one with a newly bought pattern (tba) and the other to be cut up into 2 1/2' squares ala Sarah's direction for the first photo!
I fell in love with this indigo/beige combo a few years ago
 and will put it into a lap quilt soon, too!
Finally, I have a plan for quilting fun!
(this is late to post because I fell asleep too early last night...I just haven't bounced back completely yet! lol)

 

7 comments:

  1. More stuff out of stash! Must feel good to get them going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hippos! I'm glad you're feeling better, but don't try to do tt much. It has been over a month since we were sick but I'm still exhausted. I fall asleep every day if I sit watching TV. Even if I'm busy knitting! Take care and be sure to take your rest breaks.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m eager to see these projects progress: I need some inspiration. The new blog header is pretty. Please don’t tell me it’s been there forever and I just noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love jelly rolls so much that it almost pains me to use them up. I hear ya about bouncing. Pup woke us all up at 4 am and I haven't been able to get my act in gear since. I even took a 9 am nap and now I have a headache. It's going to a long, non-productive day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those hippos are just too cute!! Can't wait to see the quilt you make with them... xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you have some fun projects in the works!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...