Monday, January 9, 2023

CLAM SHELL TOP

The colorful scrappy clamshells are bordered 
and completed-as a top.
 ( I still have to finish the QOV on the fram before I can quilt it!)  It is 40" xx 50".
I sewed the top of the clamshells onto interfacing to turn the tops into a smooth curved top and then trimmed the excess facing off. I then pressed them to the bright green fabric. Once I had appliqued the edge down, I trimmed the ecess fabric away so the layers didn't add bulk to this area.
I repeated the process on the bottom row of clams, also.  
After that, I sewed the borders on and pressed the whole top!  This is a huge weight off my mind--
I didn't 'enjoy' piecing this at all! 
 Some things are like that. 
 Now my design wall is empty and I need to get cracking 
to cut up fabric and get piecing 
because that is my favorite part of making quilts!
 

8 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine how hard that was. Anything with a curve is a headache. For some reason Dear Jane has an awful lot of those curved pieces and I hate working on them. You have to be a special kind of dedicated to go out of your way to want to deal with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a happy, happy quilt. I think it's funny that your favorite part is cutting and piecing. I just read on another blog that it's that persons least favorite. Isn't it cool how we're all wired so differently?
    Hope your Monday is wonderful.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bright green is PERFECT for this quilt - lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But what a sweet quilt it will be! And all the other goings on there are precious! I hear you on the room layout, I need to start thinking how I can arrange things better in my studio.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know nothing about quilting or sewing but I do know I love that word scrappy. :) And I can appreciate how much work goes into making a quilt top.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...