Thursday, January 12, 2023

HIPPOS IN THE HOUSE!

All of the tumbing blocks pieces are cut for the cute hippo quilt!  
I even managed to stitch one row to make sure it is just what I want!  It is.
Inside, there are 14 blooms on my orchid! 
 I left all the buds on the stalks and they all opened!
 It is such a piece of beauty in my bedroom window!
They are a deep salmon/rose color-just so rich!
Outside, the caliandra bush, at 10' tall, took a hit from the December bout of freezes but several of the lower branches still bloomed!  I was so happy to see them because it is a long wait for the bush to recover.  Since it is supposed to freeze this weekend , too, they will be gone soon!
 

10 comments:

  1. The orchid is stunning! Looking forward to seeing your blooming things and projects in person. :)♥️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another freeze? Oh, no...
    I love those hippos. The tumbling blocks pattern is one of my favorites to paper piece. It's an easy one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous orchid! The hippos look adorable in the tumblers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute quilt. Haven't seen a design like that before. Wow! So many orchids. They must be very happy where they are placed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those hippos crack me up - too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work on the quilt and orchids! Orchids don't seem to like our house for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That quilt is so sweet. It's funny and cute too! And your orchids are gorgeous. Mine is budded out again and I'm looking forward to the blooms. I'm sorry about the freeze. The weather is so crazy everywhere this year.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...