This visit has been unlike any that has happened in a very long time-21 years, in fact. Granted, my daughter has been sick while here, but she hasn't had to take care of anyone but herself these last few days. Relationships grow and deepen and strengthen within the changes of life; namely, her children have grown up! They are my first grandchildren (one in college and one finished with college and in the work force) so I have savored these days with my daugher one on one. We've done very little housework except for the minimum things and just enjoyed being in each other's company. It has been a gift.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
HAT ENHANCEMENT!!!
I bought a newly released knitting machine that is electric--it cranks on its own and even makes however number of rows I program and stops ...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...

So lovely - really it's a staycation for both of you, despite DD feeling unwell.. and those hats really are piling up! xx
ReplyDeleteI dream about my kids coming home and needing me to take care of them. That must have been so much fun for both of you-minus the sick part of course.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful and, as you say, what a gift!
ReplyDeleteThat is just so wonderful!!!
ReplyDeleteHow nice to have Mama to care for you when you're sick! Hope your daughter is feeling better real soon. Wow, those are a lot of nice hats!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful to spend time with the ones you love!
ReplyDelete