Thursday, January 19, 2023

LEISURE

 Several slow walks.  Packing up more freeze-blankets.
  Talking and laughing, napping and knitting.

This visit has been unlike any that has happened in a very long time-21 years, in fact.  Granted, my daughter has been sick while here, but she hasn't had to take care of anyone but herself these last few days.  Relationships grow and deepen and strengthen within the changes of life; namely, her children have grown up!  They are my first grandchildren (one in college and one finished with college and in the work force) so I have savored these days with my daugher one on one.  We've done very little housework except for the minimum things and just enjoyed being in each other's company. It has been a gift.

7 comments:

  1. So lovely - really it's a staycation for both of you, despite DD feeling unwell.. and those hats really are piling up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dream about my kids coming home and needing me to take care of them. That must have been so much fun for both of you-minus the sick part of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful and, as you say, what a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a wonderful visit. Hope she is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to have Mama to care for you when you're sick! Hope your daughter is feeling better real soon. Wow, those are a lot of nice hats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to spend time with the ones you love!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...