Friday, January 13, 2023

KEEPING WARM

Look at what I get to play with!!!  I will be making this for QOV-it was donated to our local group and I get to make it!!!!  I am thrilled to begin...I will show you the fabrics when I begin cutting it up!

I spent a good chunk of yesterday at my friend, Mary's, to help her navigate a new quilt.  We had a great time sorting out the 50          pieces for each block! (there are 8 llamas in the quilt!)             The quilt is called Llama by SewFreshQuilts.

And a lot of this happened for the rest of the day!   

Today, the hippos quilt is callling!
(and one year ago today, I broke my wrist!)
 

8 comments:

  1. Oh my, that llama quilt sounds like a lot of work. Sure will be cute when all done. Glad your wrist is okay now for all the handiwork. My right hand flipped back the wrong way this morning and now I have more pain than before. ugh! I won't be doing yoga for a couple of days anyways (hard when hubby is around and with craft group meeting tomorrow) -- so probably best if I let it wrist; although I am currently cross-stitching which my husband says I shouldn't be doing but only feel the tiniest little sting. Nothing compared to when twisting wrong. Even crocheting doesn't hurt. Just won't be putting any pressure on it for a bit. Have a fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha-ha! I should proof before sending. "rest' not "wrist"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Llamas with scarves on - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is going to be a very pretty QOV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sew Fresh has some wonderful patterns! She's actually based in a little town only about an hour and a half north of me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that QOV! It would make a great design in any color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The QOV is going to be beautiful. How kind of someone to donate it. Fabric too?
    But...that llama quilt!!!! Oh my goodness it's so adorable. I want it. :-) I can only imagine the work involved. 50 pieces? Wow!
    I'm glad your wrist is all healed. No more accidents, illnesses or any such thing, okay?
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...