Wednesday, January 25, 2023

WOOD ON WEDNESDAY

This bowl kept having problems;  I kept finding solutions.
But it won yesterday when the tenon I had formed on the back fell apart and threw the bowl off the lathe!
It chipped it in one place and cracked an inch off the other.  See the metal bit in the center?   That is where the wood screw that held it on the lathe for the first part severed.  
I had the last word.  Yup--it was fuel in the fireplace and warmed up the room nicely so I could knit in peace watching it burn.....!
Yesterday, woman visited our quilting group and brought this for show 'n tell--it is done in single crochet stitch by colored stitch following the chart you see peeking on the middle left.  This was truly amazing and looked like a woven blanket!  (I would say it is most like intarsia in knitting because no yarns are carried along the back!)
She came back later on and dropped this off for me--a beginner's pattern so I could try it!  This might be my 'new' stitching skill for the year!  
 

6 comments:

  1. Can I just imagine you laughing as it burned. LOL. Oh my, what a stunning piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect solution for that bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no....it must be the time of year for naughty projects. I even saw Yarn Harlot had to frog a sweater yesterday. At least the bowl became something useful. All my frogged projects are just sitting here mocking me....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a stunning blanket. Glad you got the final word on the bowl! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous crochet blanket! Everything has a purpose, and obviously the wood’s purpose was to provide heat and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I guess that's the good thing about wood. It has many uses. :) Oh my, that stitched blanket is amazing. I am not a fan of sc so think I might go crazy. But, wow, it is something. Good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...