Thursday, January 5, 2023

KNITTING WOES AND WINS

I had to abandon this t-shirt sweater knit!  When I tried it on, the neckline was too high which is very unncecessary for my climate.  But mainly it was the pattern itself!  It was one of those that said "increase the body stitches every two rows four times and then every third row twentytwo times WHILE AT THE SAME TIME, increase the sleeve stitches every other row for twelve times and then every fourth until ten inches!  I couldn't handle it.  Since I am not a fan of spreadsheets, I tried my own idea and that got complicated and I had had enough when I tried it on and didn't like the neckline its fate was sealed!
Was I discouraged?  Not at all. 
 I searched out more specifically what I wanted and found just the pattern.  (The other one was free, this one was $5) 
 The instructions are very clear and even the sizing was explained very well with the pattern ease included! 
 I just kept knitting until I had used all of the ripped out yarn; 
tried it on and it fits just right! 
 Well, so far! lol
 

7 comments:

  1. Glad you found a winner! Is that olive (and other earthy tones) ombré?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New pattern for the win! I'm making another Portage sweater and it has increase like that, but only one at a time. I just write down the number of rows between increases and check one off each time I knit it. When I have the right number of tick marks, I'm done increasing! A pain, but my brain could never remember otherwise.
    Are you "all better" now as my grands always said? I sure hope so.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HATE those kind of instructions. There needs to be a law about that "t the same time" nonsense. If something needs to be done at the same time it needs to be on a chart. Period.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the good thing about knitting and crochet -- can always frog anything that's not working out. Hope the new pattern is a success.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you, complicated counting while knitting is no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate patterns written like that. Takes up too much brain space to make the knitting fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...