Sunday, January 8, 2023

THE MAGIC OF MITTENS

Almost another hat set!  I think this yarn just glows!
  This set I wlll be keeping for myself ! 
(I might be going north next month!  Shhhh!)
On the 48 needle Sentro, I knit 16-18 rows of the cuff after a few rows of waste yarn.  Then I changed color to the hand color, 37 rows.  I cast off this end after the 37 rows!
 The top of the hand is gathered like for the top of a hat, using the long tail for seaming in a minute.The bottom of the cuff is cast off with the crochet method-you pull one stitch through the next so that you have 24 stitches all slip stitched and pull the tail end through for the bind off.  The project is now folded in half and ready for seaming.
The mitten is seamed using the mattress stitch from the top down for 20 stitches and then working form the cuff up, the stitches are seamed the same way leaving 11 stitches open for the thumb to be attached.  
The thumbs will be stitched and sewn tomorrow!  
 That's how it's done--easy way to get a double-thickness pair
 of mittens in no time on the Sentro machines!

6 comments:

  1. That's a brilliant construction for the mittens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty color yarn. Reminds me of the Zauberball yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an interesting way to knit mittens. Hope you get a chance to wear them! Great color, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice colors that you've chosen. The mitten construction is really interesting. I hope you get to take your trip north soon.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice colorway. A pretty set to keep you warm.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...