Friday, January 20, 2023

A SLOW WALK

The weather was mild again and we enjoyed an afternoon walk.  This red-shouldered hawk kept watch.
Nyki felt like a panther walking across this decaying log!
Lena kept watch like a tiger in the grass.
The cats didn't like the fact the other one was also 'part of the group' and tried to ignore each other.  Nyki liked keeping her eye on us when we weren't looking-she is hiding by the corn crib.
Lena liked running ahead and then laying down 
and rolling in the sandy soil! 
This is a Google picture but what we kept seeing doing maneuvers overhead-a pair of them.  We could see it was a fighter jet but unlike any we recognized.  A quick photo and txt to my oldest son who is ex-AirForce and we were told it is an A-10 Warthog!  Still in active service since the 1970's!  Cool!

We closed out the day with a great meal after a bit of knitting again!  The visit comes to a close but my heart is full.  

6 comments:

  1. My Hoover used to love to follow us into the woods on a walk. I had to stop taking Pup up on the streets around the neighborhood because he wanted to follow us up there too. I sure miss that old guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walkng with my two is totally different, of course they're dogs, so that's a major factor. LOL. Lovely recap of your day, hope she has safe travels home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cats in the wild. They are like a panther and tiger! Glad your daughter's visit was so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitties sure are pretty -- Nyki really does look like a panther slinking across that log. A couple of days ago, I kept hearing something flying back and forth overhead. Finally got a glimpse and it was definitely some kind of low-flying jet but forgot to ask my husband if there was any kind of training or something else going on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a really interesting walk! We have some hawks here, and occasionally get a glimpse of a wedge tailed eagle... love that knitted pumpkin!! Sad that the visit is over, but you've made some lovely memories! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cats look so content out in the "wild"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...