Friday, January 6, 2023

WRAP IT UP!

I love to clear my slate in January-you know, get a project you started weeks ago off of your sewing table so you can do some sewing!  I had hit the creative block of how to get the shark's teeth to stay put on the mandala design and make the painted wooden background look 'finished'!  It finally came to me to use resin to take care of both of these criteria.  Unfortunately, I ran out of a good chunk of time in December but I got to it finally!
I ended up mixing up 3-4 oz of resin working in just a small area at a time.  This resin gave me plenty of time to work each area, one right next to other to build it seamlessly.  This resin is self-leveling so I did have to work to keep the board level.  I tried to use a pair of tweezers since my pointer/thumb combo on each hand is impaired  but it was impossible since the tooth shot right out of its grip over and over again!  I became resigned that I was going to drop them, that I was going to get sticky and that if I kept my hand over the board, there was no harm done!
I tried to get the sheen in the photo for you to see how the resin brings depth to this piece!  I am so happy with the results!   
What will I find to work on next....? 
 

4 comments:

  1. You make the most interesting and beautiful projects. Who would have thought to use resin? It's so pretty. Where will you put it?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! I can see how hard that would have been to make. Kudos for sticking it out. It will be something to treasure forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. look at all those teeth! Are all those ones you've found on the beach????

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very cool way to use the teeth!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...