Wednesday, November 11, 2020

A Smorgasbord

I slept well and no more spasms in my back 
so I was much more mobile yesterday! 
 So grateful. 
 I began the day cleaning out the bird feeders of their 'seed-soup'  because the sun was shining;  
within 10 minutes of finishing, 
Hurricane Eta did this again! 
 Sigh.
I noticed that the Cornstalk Dracaena is blooming again! 
 The flowers are actually closed up during the day 
and very open at night when it releases its incredible aroma! 
 Moths love it, too!  
I began the last finished top from that big pile a few months ago. 
 When this one is finished,
 I will look forward to piecing some new tops in Christmas colors
for the donation pile!
I am using a pantograph for this quilt 
in a large Baptist Fan continuous line design.
I also did a little bit of work on the lathe-
I turned the 2 x 2' block of wood into-
this so that today I will be able to turn it into two more bells!  
I'm using a different kind of wood 
so I am hoping for a better quality of wood for finishing 
but that it will still have an interesting grain! 
 The thrill of the wood hunt!
I didn't get to work too long (which was probably good) 
because another band of rain/wind came through
 and you can see when I work with the garage door open for the light, 
I am also in the splatter zone from the rain! lol
Indoors again, I worked on a new pair 
of fingerless mitts for my daughter, 
this yarn is from the discontinued line of SilverSpun fingering weight from the Feel Good Yarn Co but I found this skein online 
from the Jimmy Bean company.
And I worked on the second sock-I am increasing for the gusset 
and in a few rows, I will begin to turn the heel. 
 It was nice to be home and putting my hands to all 
of the creative outlets that make my heart sing!
 

7 comments:

  1. Wood is just so beautiful! I am excited to watch your lathe creations emerge. Thank you for coming to my rescue on the mitts — they make such a difference for my hands! ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to read that your back is feeling better. Looks like some torrential rain! Your knitting and word working projects are just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a cornstalk dracaena too - mine is much shorter. I didn't know they bloomed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've got some tropical thing sitting on us again today too. Ugh. I could use a day indoors to catch up on projects but it's sad to lose such nice temps to rain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're feeling better today, you have been in my prayers. It looks like you are still accomplished a lot, no matter how you're feeling. I wondered if you were being affected by the hurricane. This has been an awful hurricane season hasn't it?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that your back is better and that you got a good night’s sleep. I used to have a dracaena and like Val, I had no idea it bloomed. Praying your back continues to behave itself so you can use all your creative talents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sock wool is lovely - it's very like the wool my Mum bought some years ago and knit into a cardigan for me. Glad you are feeling better ... your view looks positively tropical. As usual I'm in awe of all your creative projects and how you can segue so seamlessly from one to the other.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...