Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Errands, Lathe and Knit!

We had to go into town but when we got home, I couldn't wait to head to the lathe!  I hollowed out the bowl in no time at all without a single mistake!  I almost felt like a real wood turner!

Today I hope to release the tenon from the chuck and turn the bowl around for the last time to remove the tenon and make a smooth bowl bottom!  Stay tuned!
I knit on the second sock while in the car yesterday but am being distracted with cute little bells when I take a break.  Mom sent the pattern for a little stocking, too, so I will give that a try and show you soon.  Family arrives this afternoon, I need to do baking first thing...I will most likely take a break from everything except knitting in the evening because my hands will be busy cooking or snuggling some grands!
 

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous bowl! Happy Thanksgiving - enjoy having your family there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grain of your new bowl is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! Seeing the bowls form on your lathe is a delight. I love this one and its grain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Look at the grain on that bowl! It's gorgeous! I hope you have a wonderful time with your family. Enjoy the baking time. I always did my Thanksgiving baking on Wednesday as well as all of the prep work for the stuffing and turkey. I'm missing that this year.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous bowl! Hope you enjoy time with your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That wood grain is just too gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...