We had to go into town but when we got home, I couldn't wait to head to the lathe! I hollowed out the bowl in no time at all without a single mistake! I almost felt like a real wood turner!Today I hope to release the tenon from the chuck and turn the bowl around for the last time to remove the tenon and make a smooth bowl bottom! Stay tuned!
I knit on the second sock while in the car yesterday but am being distracted with cute little bells when I take a break. Mom sent the pattern for a little stocking, too, so I will give that a try and show you soon. Family arrives this afternoon, I need to do baking first thing...I will most likely take a break from everything except knitting in the evening because my hands will be busy cooking or snuggling some grands!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
FRIDAY
All the blocks are completed for this variation of Winding Ways and I will be adding two narrow borders after I get these sewn into a top. ...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...



Gorgeous bowl! Happy Thanksgiving - enjoy having your family there.
ReplyDeleteThose bells are adorable!
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving! Seeing the bowls form on your lathe is a delight. I love this one and its grain.
ReplyDeleteWOW! Look at the grain on that bowl! It's gorgeous! I hope you have a wonderful time with your family. Enjoy the baking time. I always did my Thanksgiving baking on Wednesday as well as all of the prep work for the stuffing and turkey. I'm missing that this year.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Betsy
Another gorgeous bowl! Hope you enjoy time with your family!!
ReplyDeleteThat wood grain is just too gorgeous!!!
ReplyDelete