Saturday, November 14, 2020

Soft and Hard, In and Out

A few more blocks were constructed 
(thanks for the nudge, Vera, to let the fussy directions of the green slow me down--you can't even tell!) 
 and now you can see how the blocks will be playing together!
Outside, this is how my yard looks-
beautiful flowers and downed palm bows!
My very tall magnolia tree was safe 
but the wind did clear a few dead branches. 
Bill made sure I had first pickings on the best spots for gleaning!
And we gathered 5 good pieces!
I did make two new bells today--the ones on the right.
I did a better job on the sanding and polishing which made me happier!  It's fun to think of designs on the fly, so to speak!
And just because, 
I put a chunk of camphor on the lathe to make another bowl! 
 I love the knot looking at me from this one!  
It's fun to work with this wood because it is great for the sinuses!
Not a bad day at all.  
 

7 comments:

  1. I’m glad you decided to just roll with the green fabric and not worry about direction! It is such a small print that I think it will all swirl together nicely. The wood is beautiful — both the natural and the already-lathed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is going to be beautiful! Those little bells are so sweet. I'm happy to hear you weathered that storm. Let's hope it's the last to come our way for this year anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blocks, the fabrics look great together. The little bells are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such delicate bells! Can't wait to see progress on the Stars and the bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you found an upside from storm damage! Always a silver lining!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad your magnolia tree survived the storm, there have sure been a lot this year. You found some great wood pieces from it though and I love your little bells. They are perfect ornaments.
    That quilt! Oh my goodness, it's going to be gorgeous! I envy those of you who have the patience for quilting.
    Take care my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...