Friday, November 13, 2020

Too Early for Christmas!

The orphan blocks my Aunt made so long ago, is now a completed quilt!  No, they were not made to work together but they do! 
 36 x 46"
I cut out several layers of the green and the light background
with the Accuquilt cutter
 and then organized them into their positions. 
 I had to play a bit with the green fabric because it is directional!  
I didn't have to be so specific but I did! lol
When I sewed the pieces all together, all 32 of them,
 I had one 12 1/2" Hunter Star block! 
 I did see I placed two greens out of sync 
but it is only the first one and I can live with it! 
 It was good to do some piecing 
instead of all of the quilting on the frame.
And I still play with watercolor--
does this ornament remind you of anything!
 It was fun to draw and paint!

7 comments:

  1. Nice painting!1 Christmas is coming. Pretty green fabric - I would not worry about the direction - lol. I like the orphan blocks quilt too - it's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....you really made those blocks work together! Your green block is gorgeous.
    I've finished all my machine quilting and am anxious to do some more piecing but then I made the mistake and looked in the finished top bag and wouldn't you know it. I've got more things to quilt.
    Your ornament has a wooden bell in it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the block! I bet you appreciated your Accuquilt when it came down to cutting the fabric. It’s a real time saver. Sometimes I wish I had one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first quilt! Like someone used to say on a fashion TV show a while back, "It doesn't match, it goes.." Perfect example! Your painting lifts the spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun quilt. You made them work together quite well. Love your painting. You're incorporating your bells everywhere in your crafts. Will there be a quilt with a bell? :-)
    I don't really have too much Christmas out. Just snowmen and the Nativity. I leave the snowmen out all winter long. Fall decor didn't seem right with so much snow on the ground outside!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darned if I can tell which ones are out of place!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

EPIDENDRUM

The view outside my studio patio doors--the very large area of epidendrum! In common flower vernacular, it is a ground orchid.   The slighte...